- "My stage name is Angel, kind of fits."
- ―Angel Salvadore
Angel Salvadore was a mutant with the ability to fly with insect-like wings, which were tattooed on her body, and eject flaming acid.
In 1962, Angel was working as a stripper when she was approached by Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, who persuade her to join the X-Men. Angel later meets her other teammates and gets to know them. They give themselves codenames and display their powers. Angel was with the X-Men until the Hellfire Club attacked the Division X facility where they were staying. They did not want to hurt the X-Men but recuit them. She was the only one to join, although her former teammates Havok and Darwin tried to stop her - Darwin was killed by Sebastian Shaw in the process. Angel joined the battle against her former teammates during the Cuban Missile Crisis. She fights Banshee in the air, but is subsequently beaten by Havok, who shoots off half of her wings with an energy blast.
In July 1963, Angel and Azazel were slain by Project WideAwake operatives in a firefight. As Mystique looks through the 'Autopsy' papers in Trask's office, she is distraught when she sees photos of the dead bodies of Angel and Azazel, along with other unidentified dead mutants. Her body showed a great deal of mutilation, with one of her wings having been removed.
The wing that had been removed is later shown in a glass chamber along with Magneto's helmet, Sebastian Shaw's coin, and Havok's suit.
- Flight - Angel possesses a winged flight capability that allows her to travel at high speed through the air. She is capable of aerial deceleration to the point where she can hover in place, mostly stationary aside from the rapid beating of her insectoid wings. She usually hides her wings by having them fuse with her skin, in which they take the form of tattoos.
- Oral Projectiles - Angel can launch gobs of corrosive or explosive saliva to ranges that she might otherwise be able to throw small hand-held objects. The corrosive properties been been demonstrated to be sufficient to eat through stone and as a concussive blast the spitting attack produces a small concussive blast and gout of flame.
- Healing Factor - Tempest was able to grow her wings back after Havok cut them off. She also is immune to illness and disease.
- Angel was the first mutant found by Erik Lehnsherr and Charles Xavier.
- Angel's wings in the film more closely resemble the design of the wings for the X-Men member Pixie (Megan Gwynn) rather than the wings she had in the comics (before the events of M-Day).
- The movie version of Angel shows some traits in common with another mutant from the comics, Stacy X.
- Bonus material released online shows more graphic autopsy photos of Angel. One of the photos was labeled 8-5-62, confirming that she had died around August of 1962.
- In an older draft of the Days of Future Past script, there was a scene with Havok and Angel running through the woods in an experimental attack by a Trask Sentinel. This was the first time you see a glimpse of the Sentinels. The scene had been cut before the movie ever was shot, mainly for budget reasons.