- "I'm gonna rock your world!"
Avalanche (born Dominic Petros) is a mutant with the power of geological manipulation or seismic wave generation from his hands.
After joining the Brotherhood, Alvers became involved in protests and riots against the Mutant Cure developed by Worthington Labs. He even joined Magneto's Brotherhood to destroy the cure facility, along the omegas and co-members of the Brotherhood.
The Battle of Alcatraz
After reaching Alcatraz where the original facility is located, Alvers used his ability to generate a gravity field so that all those he touched would be thrown away (much like a kinetic absorption ability).
He would be defeated in battle by Shadowcat, who used her intangibility to evade Alvers, although he may have died as Jean Grey lost control of her powers, re-becoming the Phoenix, and generated a disintegration wave. It is actually unknown wether or not Alvers survived The Battle of Alcatraz. He could've managed to escape, like the few other omega's on the island that did, but his absence after the battle would prove "otherwise".
- Earthquake generation by touching ground
- Kinetic re-direction (described as a seismic blast)
- Magneto - Boss
- Pyro † - Teammate
- Juggernaut - Teammate
- Multiple Man - Teammate
- Callisto † - Teammate
- Arclight † - Teammate
- Psylocke † - Teammate
- Quill † - Teammate
- Rictor - Biological Son (created from his DNA samples; revised timeline only)
- Avalanche in the comics is a bulky/muscular thick accented Greek man who sometimes sports short facial hair and is named Dominkos Petrakis.
- The live action counterpart appears to be based off the Americanized version from X-Men Evolution as he appears to be clean shaved, possesses longer hair and a slender, yet built physique.