- "Black Tom Cassidy."
"White Wade Wilson. What's your superpower? Cultural appropriation?"
- ―Black Tom Cassidy and Deadpool
Black Tom Cassidy was an arrogant mutant.
His name appeared on Stryker's Computer.
Black Tom Cassidy was a mutant prisoner in the Ice Box. He was one of the prisoners who bully new arrivals Deadpool and Russell Collins. Once Cable broke into the prison in an attempt to kill Russell, all of the prisoners were scheduled for transport to another facility. Black Tom was placed in a containment cell on the convoy truck for the ride. During the transport, Cable arrived to kill Russell, followed by Deadpool who was trying to stop him. During their fight, Cable shot Black Tom in his cell, killing him.
- Deadpool - Victim of bullying, Enemy and Attempted Victim
- Firefist - Victim of bullying, Enemy and Attempted Victim
- Cable - Killer
- In the comics, Black Tom Cassidy is the cousin of Banshee, who appeared as a founding member of the X-Men in X-Men: First Class.
- Cassidy originally had a much larger role in the script, acting as a guide for Firefist in his path to becoming a villain, but the writers thought there were too many villains in the film and he was cut.
- Soon after Black Tom Cassidy's unceremonious death, Deadpool began calling Cable a racist, either because he truly thought Cassidy was black or merely as a joke. In the comics, Tom Cassidy gained the nickname of "Black Tom" due to his dark hair color, which is also dark within the film.
- Black Tom is a mutant who can manipulate, bond with, and project energy through plant life. He is also capable of issuing concussive blasts with a wooden object, usually a shillelagh.