This article is a stub.
You can help the X-Men Movies Wiki by expanding it.
- "I was born into war, bred into it. People think they understand pain, but they have no concept of it. What's the most pain you've ever felt? Maybe the kind that leaves you more... machine than man."
- ―Cable to Deadpool
Cable is an enigmatic time traveling cybernetic mutant soldier from the future.
At the end of the film in a post-credits scene, Wade Wilson suggested to the audience that Cable will appear in the sequel.
To be added
Powers & Abilities
- Telekinesis - Cable has telekinetic powers, since he was able to attract his weapon with just a wave of his hand.
- Telekinetic Shields - While being shot at close range, Cable was able to withstand the bullets rippling against him with a force field.
- Bionic Physiology - Much of Cable’s body, namely his left side, has been altered with cybernetics and bionics, giving him his cyborg appearance.
- Bionic Eye
- Bionic Arm - The left arm of Cable is completely bionic.
- Enhanced Strength - Cable's strength is far superior than the average human. He was able to knock out Deadpool with just a few punches.
- Enhanced Agility - Cable is incredibly agile, being able to jump over a speeding truck with ease. His great agility could also be due to his telekinetic powers.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Cable is skilled in hand to hand combat, as he is able to easily overpower Deadpool, a highly proficient hand-to-hand combatant, with ease.
- Master Marksman
- Time Travel
- Hope - Daughter
- Cable was teased in the post-credits scene of Deadpool. Mel Gibson, Dolph Lundgren, and Keira Knightley were mentioned by Deadpool as actors who could portray Cable in the sequel.
- Josh Brolin, the actor who portrays Cable, also plays the Mad Titan Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He also played the young version of Agent K in Sony's Men in Black cinematic universe, and Jonah Hex in film of the same name.
- Brad Pitt met with the director to discuss the part of Cable, but couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts.
- Dolph Lundgren, Mel Gibson, Kurt Russell, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman, Pierce Brosnan and David Harbour were all considered for the part of Cable.
- Michael Shannon was reportedly eyed for Cable, but dropped out due to scheduling issues.
- Russell Crowe was Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld's choice for Cable.
- In the comics, Cable is the son of Cyclops, it is currently unknown if they share this connection in the film universe, however Cable does share the surname "Summers", hinting at some kind of connection.