Logan is the third and final film in the Wolverine trilogy and the tenth installment in the X-Men film series. Directed by James Mangold, who directed The Wolverine, the film stars Hugh Jackman reprising his role as Logan/Wolverine as well as Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X. The movie is also notable for being both Jackman and Stewart's last portrayal of their characters.
It was released worldwide on March 3, 2017. Home media releases were released on May 16, 2017, for Digital HD and May 25, 2017, for Blu-ray and DVD respectively. A black and white version of the film, titled Logan: Noir was also available for the home media release.
In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces.
The year is 2029. Logan, who has aged greatly when his healing factor began to falter over the years, spends his days working as a chauffeur and hustling for prescription drugs in Texas while he and Caliban live in an abandoned farm across the border in Mexico, where they care for a senile Charles Xavier, who had inadvertently killed several of his X-Men in a seizure-induced psychic attack a year earlier.
Logan is approached by Gabriela, a nurse for Transigen who asks to escort her and an 11-year-old girl named Laura to a place in North Dakota called "Eden". After reluctantly accepting the job, Logan discovers that Gabriela has been murdered and he, Xavier, and Laura narrowly escape from Donald Pierce and the Reavers while Caliban is captured and ordered to use his mutant powers to track them.
Logan and Xavier learn through a video on Gabriela's phone that Transigen was breeding children with DNA samples from several mutants, but upon completion of the "X-24" project, the children were to be put to death. Gabriela helped several children escape from the Transigen compound before smuggling Laura across the border. Furthermore, Laura is revealed to be Logan's "daughter", as she was bred with his DNA.
While staying in Oklahoma City, Logan develops skepticism over the location of Eden, as he discovers it being referenced in an X-Men comic book that Laura brought with her.
The Reavers find their whereabouts, but Xavier suffers another seizure and freezes everyone at the hotel with a psychic blast. Logan injects Xavier with a suppressant before they leave the city. The trio are given shelter by a family after helping them round up their horses during a highway incident. That night, Xavier and the family are killed by X-24, a perfect clone of Logan, who then shackles Laura and heads to the Reavers' van. Caliban grabs two grenades and sets them off, killing himself and destroying the van while Logan and Laura once again escape. After burying Xavier, Logan reluctantly follows Laura's orders to take her to Eden. Donald Pierce finds out about the children's location from a photograph Laura kept.
They arrive at Eden, which is a safe haven run by Rictor and former Transigen test subjects. There, Logan learns that the children will make an eight mile journey across the forest to the Canadian border, but they are quickly captured by the Reavers.
Using a mutant serum given to him by Rictor, Logan injects himself which heals all his past scars and restores his strength to his physical prime. Fully re-energized Logan plows through the Reavers, but the serum wears off quickly before he meets Zander Rice, the head of the Transigen project who sought to avenge his father's death during the Weapon X program. Logan kills Rice while the children overwhelm Pierce with their powers, but he is outmatched by X-24. He is impaled through a tree during the fight, but Laura shoots X-24 in the head with an Adamantium bullet, which Logan had kept with him for years.
After Logan succumbs to his wounds, Laura and the children bury him before continuing their journey across the border. As they all leave, Laura returns to Logan's grave, removes the cross, and places it on its side to create an X, honoring Logan as the last of the X-Men.
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine and X-24
- Eddie Davenport (stunts)
- Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X
- Dafne Keen as Laura
- Sienna Novikov (stunts)
- Cheramie Martin (body double)
- Boyd Holbrook as Donald Pierce
- Stephen Merchant as Caliban
- Richard E. Grant as Dr. Zander Rice
- Elizabeth Rodriguez as Gabriela Lopez
- Eriq La Salle as Will Munson
- Elise Neal as Kathryn Munson
- Quincy Fouse as Nate Munson
- Jason Genao as Rictor
- Alison Fernandez as Delilah
- Doris Morgado as Maria
- David Kallaway as Danny Rhodes
- Mutant Growth Hormone
- Yashida’s Katana
- Charles Xavier's Wheelchair
- X-Men Comics
- Wolverine Action Figure
- Wolverine's Dog Tag
In November 2013, it was reported that 20th Century Fox had begun negotiations with both actor Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold to return for a third solo film starring Wolverine. Mangold is negotiating now to write the treatment for the film with Lauren Shuler Donner returning to produce. Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as Wolverine. David James Kelly was hired to write the script for the film.
In March 2014, James Mangold announced that shooting for the The Wolverine sequel will be inspired by other Wolverine stories from the comic books and will begin after the release of Bryan Singer's, X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016. Box Office tweeted that the film will be released on March 3, 2017. On March 21, 2014, David James Kelly is announced to write the film's script and Jackman had confirmed to once again reprise his role as Wolverine.
In March 2015, Mangold anticipated filming would start "early next year."
In August 2015, Stewart revealed that he would have a significant role in the film.
In September 2015, Liev Schreiber, who portrayed Sabretooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and discussed the possibility of reprising his role as Sabretooth in the film, though stated he had yet to be contacted by the production.
In January 2016, Jackman confirmed that a screenplay was close to completion, but did not know when filming will begin.
In February 2016 a leaked image suggested that Fox may consider going for an R rating. Simon Kinberg revealed to Collider that filming as already started and it will be an R rated film. During the same month, Liev Schreiber said that he was in talks to reprise his role in the sequel. Schreiber reiterated interest in being the film, to MTV News at the 2016 Oscars Red Carpet, and confirmed that he had been in talks to reprise the role of Sabretooth in some capacity. 
By April 2016, Boyd Holbrook was cast in the film to play an unnamed relentless and intense head of security for the Essex Corporation, while Richard E. Grant was revealed to have been cast as an as-of-yet unnamed mad scientist. In the same month, Simon Kinberg stated that the film would be set in the future. Towards the end of the month, Stephen Merchant was cast in an unspecified role. Production for the film will begin on April 25, 2016 with shooting locations in New Orleans and New Mexico.
In May 2016, Eriq La Salle and Elise Neal were cast in unspecified roles. On May 9, 2016, Kinberg said filming had begun. Kinberg says the film "takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a western its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film." Also in May, Elizabeth Rodriguez was in negotiations to join the cast.
On July 25, 2016, it was reported that filming had begun in the Northern Meadows neighborhood of Rio Rancho, while a few miles further down King Boulevard there is an elaborate set built with a toppled water tower, that will be used for exterior shots until June 27, 2016.
On August 11, 2016, it was reported that the production of Juarez were in the process of seeking worn out cars to work on an upcoming scene filmed on August 12, 2016 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In Late August 2016, filming for Wolverine 3 wrapped.
The title Logan was announced by Jackman on October 5, 2016. During the same month, Boyd Holbrook was revealed to be portraying Donald Pierce, leader of the Reavers, with Sienna Novikov portraying Laura Kinney/X-23, and Richard E Grant portraying Doctor Zander Rice. However, when the trailer for Logan was released it was revealed that Dafne Keen would be the actress portraying the character and not Sienna Novikov. Although Sienna Novikov will not portray X-23, she will instead perform stunts for the character.
In January 2017, James Mangold revealed that Nathaniel Essex/Mister Sinister won't be appearing in Logan, despite Bryan Singer's previous claims that the villain would be making an appearance in the film.
|Las Mil Y Una Noches||Santi Mostaffa||
Wolverine fights against the cholos.
|BlackOut||The Americanos featuring Lil Jon, Juicy J & Tyga||
Wolverine drives a group of girls to a midnight party.
|Make It Bang||Bauuer featuring TT The Artist||
Wolverine drops the girls off at the party.
|I Got a Name||Jim Croce||
Laura shoplifts at a gas station.
|William Tell Overture||Ted Kaplan|
|Party Hard||Blaze & Chin Check|
|The Party Starts Right Now||U4L feat. Beth Enloe|
|American Dreamin'||Brooke Eden||
Plays in casino as the group enters the elevator with the new clothing they bought.
|Love Is a Tricky Thing||Cate Song||
Plays in casino as Laura plays with the buttons.
|Find My Way||Grant Lee Phillips|
|Blue Tacoma||Russell Dickerson||
Wolverine arrives at the front entrance of the hotel and notices guards stationed outside.
|The Best Man||Bobby Helms||
Wolverine wakes up in the hospital.
|The Man Comes Around||Johnny Cash||
Clips and featurettes
- Logan – 20th Century Fox (retrieved from the Wayback Machine)
- Hugh Jackman Confirms ‘Wolverine’ Sequel Will Be His Last
- James Mangold, Hugh Jackman Sinking Claws Into Another ‘The Wolverine’ Film
- Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
- The Wolverine Sequel to Film After X-Men: Apocalypse
- 'Wolverine 3' Shooting After 'X-Men: Apocalypse', Says James Mangold
- Wolverine to Appear in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; Will Likely Shoot Back-to-Back with Next WOLVERINE Movie
- James Mangold Confirms Hugh Jackman's "One Last Time" Is For THE WOLVERINE 3
- Patrick Stewart raves about Portland while discussing his new film 'Match'
- Patrick Stewart Confirms That 'Professor X' Will Be In The New WOLVERINE Movie
- Patrick Stewart Confirms Professor X is in ‘Wolverine 3′
- IS SABRETOOTH REALLY IN WOLVERINE 3? HERE'S WHAT LIEV SCHREIBER JUST SAID
- 'Wolverine 3’ Script Update from Hugh Jackman
- Leaked Image Suggests The Next WOLVERINE Movie May Indeed Be Rated R
- Wolverine 3 Has Started Filming; Simon Kinberg Confirms R-Rating, Says It’s a Violent, “Different Wolverine”
- ‘Wolverine 3’: Will Liev Schreiber Return as Sabretooth?
- WILL LIEV SCHREIBER REPRISE 'OLD MAN SABRETOOTH' IN WOLVERINE 3?
- Liev Schreiber Reveals There’s Been Talks Regarding Him Returning For ‘The Wolverine’ Sequel
- WE KNOW THE VILLAINS OF WOLVERINE 3! (EXCLUSIVE)
- Wolverine 3 News: Deadpool And Sabretooth To Join The Third Spin Off Rumored! Will Ryan Reynolds And Liev Schreiber Reprise There Roles As The X-Men Villains?
- Podcast: Hugh Jackman talks the last instalment of Wolverine
- 'Wolverine 3’ Sets ‘Narcos’ Boyd Holbrook As Chief Villain
- 'Wolverine 3' Finds Its Mad Scientist (Exclusive)
- WHEN WILL WOLVERINE 3 BE SET? HERE'S WHAT WE KNOW
- Stephen Merchant To Star With Hugh Jackman In ‘Wolverine 3’
- James Mangold's WOLVERINE 3 Set To Begin Filming This April?
- Eriq Lasalle Joins Cast of ‘Wolverine 3’
- Elise Neal Joins ‘Wolverine 3’
- ‘Wolverine 3’ Poised to Add ‘Fear the Walking Dead’s’ Elizabeth Rodriguez (Exclusive)
- Wolverine 3 Wraps Up Filming in New Mexico
- EXCLUSIVE: Hugh Jackman Earned Cool Dad Points Working With Zac Efron and Zendaya
- The next Wolverine solo movie is titled Logan
- Latest Photo From Logan Reveals Boyd Holbrook As The Leader Of The Reavers
- Looks Like The Young Actress Playing Laura Kinney/X-23 In LOGAN Has Been Revealed
- LOGAN Director James Mangold Explains Why We WON'T See Mister Sinister In The Movie
|X-Men film series|