Template:Upcoming Movie The Wolverine 3 is a upcoming sequel to The Wolverine. The film was negotiated by Twentieth-Century Fox for James Mangold to return to direct a sequel to The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman to reprise his role as Wolverine since the aforementioned film was critically and financially successful (being the second highest grossing X-Men movie yet).
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
- Patrick Stewart as Professor X
- Boyd Holbrook as a To be confirmed villain
- Richard E. Grant as a To be confirmed villain
- Stephen Merchant as a To be confirmed character
In March 2014, James Mangold announced that shooting for the The Wolverine sequel will begin after the release of Bryan Singer's, "X-Men: Apocalypse" in 2016. Box Office tweeted that the film will be released on March 3rd, 2017. On March 21, 2014, David James Kelly is announce to write the film's script and Jackman had confirmed to once again reprise his role as Wolverine.
In February 2016 a leaked image suggested that Fox may consider going for an R rating.
Production for the film will begin on April 25th 2016 with shooting locations in New Orleans and New Mexico.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=117857
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=123979
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/leaked-image-suggests-the-next-wolverine-movie-may-indeed-be-a131104