Template:Upcoming Movie The Wolverine 3 is a upcoming sequel to The Wolverine. The film was negotiated by Twentieth-Century Fox for James Mangold to return to direct a sequel to The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman to reprise his role as Wolverine since the aforementioned film was critically and financially successful (being the second highest grossing X-Men movie yet).
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
- Patrick Stewart as Professor X
- Boyd Holbrook as a To be confirmed villain
- Richard E. Grant as a To be confirmed villain
- Stephen Merchant as a To be confirmed character
- Eriq La Salle as a To be confirmed character
- Elisa Neal as a To be confirmed character
On November 2013, it was reported that 20th Century Fox had begun negotiations with both actor Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold to return for a third solo film starring Wolverine.
On March 2014, James Mangold announced that shooting for the The Wolverine sequel will begin after the release of Bryan Singer's, "X-Men: Apocalypse" in 2016. Box Office tweeted that the film will be released on March 3rd, 2017. On March 21, 2014, David James Kelly is announced to write the film's script and Jackman had confirmed to once again reprise his role as Wolverine.
It was also announced that this this film will be the last time Hugh Jackman portrays Wolverine in a solo role, and as a leading character.  On August 13th Patrick Stewart confirmed his involvement in the film as Professor X.
In February 2016 a leaked image suggested that Fox may consider going for an R rating.
Production for the film will begin on April 25th 2016 with shooting locations in New Orleans and New Mexico.
- Hugh Jackman was 99.9% sure that this will be his last appearance as Wolverine on screen.
- Jackman later redacted this statement, claiming that after viewing Michael Keaton's performance in Birdman he was inspired, and that he wishes to portray the character 'until his death'. Despite this, the film is being promoted as the last time Jackman will feature in the role.
- Including his cameo in X-Men: First Class (2011), this will be Hugh Jackman's ninth portrayal of Logan/Wolverine, raising his own record for the most times a comic book character has been played by the same actor in theatrical films. He will also be the only actor to appear in the entire X-Men film series.
- ↑ Hugh Jackman Confirms ‘Wolverine’ Sequel Will Be His Last
- ↑ 
- ↑ Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=117857
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=123979
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/leaked-image-suggests-the-next-wolverine-movie-may-indeed-be-a131104
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/627810/hugh-jackman-says-he-wants-to-play-wolverine-until-he-dies-reveals-michael-keaton-inspires-him-to-be-better