| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an upcoming movie.
Vuk was one of the D'Bari who had escaped the destruction of their planet by the Phoenix Force. She and the surviving D'Bari followed the Phoenix Force across the universe to Earth, where Vuk sought to absorb its power from Jean Grey, who had merged with the Phoenix Force in space. Vuk and the D'Bari forces came into conflict with the X-Men and their mutant allies, with whom they battled in a bid to get to Jean. However, Vuk was ultimately destroyed by Jean using the power of the Phoenix Force.
The being which would later be known as Vuk was born tens of years ago, as a member, later the supreme leader of the D'Bari, a race of humanoid beings with the ability of shape-shifting and with high intelligence and psychological warfare skills, which originate from a planet far away from the regions of the Earth.
Fall of Her Home
The unimaginable destructive cosmic entity known as The Phoenix wandered across the universe, and later used its powers to destroy the D'Bari and their planet. However, only Vuk and many few D'Bari survived and escaped, causing Vuk to vow revenge against the Phoenix and vowing to find a new home for her race.
Arrival to Earth
From the reason that she and her people are alien beings from an unknown planet, they took forms of humans, with Vuk taking the form of a young tall and white-haired human woman named Margaret.
To be added
Powers and abilities
- D'Bari Physiology: Vuk is a D'Bari, an extraterrestrial race of humanoids with shape shifting abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Like the rest of the D'Bari she too has superhuman strength.
- Shapeshifting: Vuk has the ability to change her appearance at will. D'Bari can even use their shape shifting to heal themselves to a certain extent.
- Telekinesis: Vuk has the soft ability to levitate, move, immobilize, and manipulate objects with her mind. It made her able to manipulate people's internal organs.
- Illusion Casting: Vuk possesses the ability to create strong and believable illusions. She used that power to show Jean Grey the origin of the Phoenix Force.
- Telepathic Immunity: Vuk's mind cannot be read by telepaths, possibly due to her extraterrestrial physiology.
- The Phoenix Force: By briefly absorbing some cosmic energy of the Phoenix Force within Jean Grey, Vuk gained a number of advanced abilities.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: When Magneto tried to use machine guns in order to kill her, her skin layer began to fall apart, but she was shown to be able to heal it back.
- Energy Manipulation: Vuk could easily manipulate the lightning projected towards her by Storm and even redirect Cyclops' optic blasts against him.
- The Phoenix Force: Ironically, her very obsession is also the very thing that kills her. Jean Grey manages to overload her with cosmic power, disintegrating Vuk into mere ashes within moments.
- Simon Kinberg initially debunked reports that Jessica Chastain's character would be named "Smith", but the Dark Phoenix Twitter emoji for Chastain's character was revealed to be #XMenSmith.
- Lilandra, Emma Frost, and Mastermind were cited as influences for Vuk's character in Dark Phoenix.
- Vuk is the first and only female to be the main antagonist in an X-Men Film, as Mystique, Viper and Phoenix were only secondary antagonists in their respective films.
- ↑ Dark Phoenix: Exclusive Photos and Director Simon Kinberg and Sophie Turner on Alien Villains - IGN
- ↑ Dark Phoenix: Jessica Chastain's secret character explained