Warpath (born James Proudstar) is a mutant who possesses superhuman strength, senses, speed, durability, stamina and reflexes.
In 2023, after detecting incoming Sentinels, Warpath warns his fellow X-Men about the impending attack. Together with Blink, Colossus, Iceman, Sunspot, Bishop and Shadowcat, Warpath holds the mechs off while Shadowcat warps Bishop's consciousness back in time. As Bishop's consciousness is sent back in time, Warpath and the rest of the team are killed.
Having arrived at an earlier point in time, the team go to a monastery in China and meet up with the rest of the X-Men. When the decision is made to send Wolverine's consciousness back to 1973 to prevent Mystique from assassinating Bolivar Trask (which caused the creation of the Sentinels), Warpath and the rest of the team are charged with guarding the monastery. Using his senses, Warpath detects the arrival of a huge Sentinel army. During the ensuing battle, Warpath is killed yet again. However, due to an altering of the timeline, the war never takes place, thus preventing Warpath's death.
Due to Wolverine traveling back in time to January 1973, and preventing Bolivar Trask from being assassinated by Mystique, and changing the significant events after that point, the Free Mutants were never killed by the Sentinels. Warpath's whereabouts remain unknown in the revised timeline.
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman Senses- Warpath's senses of sight and hearing are enhanced to levels beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human. He is able to see and hear from a great distance while maintaining a good level of clarity, even in darkness. This ability made him a valuable asset to the New Mutants as he was able to detect the Sentinels even when their far away. Warpath was able sense 3 invading Sentinels, even when he and his team were underground. He was also able to detect 12 Sentinel carriers inbound 10 miles.
- Superhuman Strength - The strength of Warpath surpasses that of a normal human. He was able to jump on top of a Sentinel, which weighs 4,800 Ibs and is 18 feet tall, and weigh it down to it's knees.
- Superhuman Agility - Warpath's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits.
- Superhuman Durability - Warpath's durability is enhanced beyond natural human limits. He is resistant to trauma and concussions from being constantly thrown or hit by the Sentinels. Only the Sentinels' energy beams seem to kill him.
- Superhuman Reflexes - Warpath's reflexes are beyond natural human limits. He is capable of keeping up with the sentinels and Blink portals.
- Superhuman Endurance - Warpath's endurance is beyond the natural humans limits. He was the last X-man standing to defend Bishop and Shadowcat.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Warpath is a formidable combatant both armed and unarmed.
- Expert Tracker and Hunter - Due to his heightened senses, Warpath is excellent for scouting and reconnaissance. Considering his Native American heritage it is possible his knows Tushka-Homa or Okichitaw.
- Skilled Knife-Fighter - Warpath is shown to be skilled in wielding combat knives.
- Bowie Knives - possibly adamantium as his comic counterpart carried Vibranium knives. However Fox has the right to the former metal and not the latter.
- Sentinels - Enemies and Killers
- In the comics he is the brother of the deceased mutant Thunderbird.